Sunday, October 5, 2008

What to Pack



I will be leaving in 6 weeks on a Caribbean cruise and am starting to think about what to pack. I don't like to wait until a couple of days before to pack because I will forget something for sure. I usually layout my suitcases a couple of weeks ahead of time, printout my packing list which is a standard packing list I keep on my computer and I adjust it depending on our destination. I pack as much as I can and check the items off my packing list. I may add things to the list and highlight items that will be packed at the last minute. It never fails, even with my list I always think of other things I want to pack. Here are some of my must haves when traveling:


Extension Cord - it always seems that hotels or ship cabins never have enough outlets or they are in awkward places. My son takes his portable DVD player and the outlets are never in a place where he can lay on the bed and watch movies. I also need enough outlets to charge my camera and camcorder batteries at the same time.




Baggies - All my liquids go into baggies, just in case something leaks it won't get on our cloths. I also put any makeup or medications I carry on in a baggie. At some airports they will let you carry on some liquid items but they have to be in a baggie. Some airlines will sell you a baggie but its much cheaper and easier if you have your own. I also use large baggies for each persons underwear and socks. This way its easy to find them and we don;t have to go digging all over the suitcase for them.


Copy of Passport - When traveling internationally, I make a copy of our passports so when touring around I can leave our original passports in the room or cabin safe and take carry the copy with me. You should always have a copy of your passport with you and I don't want to run the risk of loosing my original passport. You will need to take your original for customs and emigration.


Feel free to share your must haves when you travel.

1 comment:

Flygirl said...

I always take a small tablet and pen with me. I can never remember the names or little bits of information but with the tablet and pen I can quickly right down little bits of information. It really comes in handy.