Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Reward Ticket frustrations

When I am trying to book miles reward tickets I always do so as far in advance as possible so that I have a better chance of actually getting a flight. Its not always easy to find reward flights.

A few months ago I wanted to book 3 tickets with my reward miles, I soon found that I was not aloowed to book 3 tickets at once. Delta would only let me book 2 tickets at a time so I had to make 2 seperate reservations, 1 for me and my son and 1 for my husband.

A couple of days ago Delta sent me an email telling me that my husbands flight had been change, and not just as far as the times but the acutal flight. He was being put on a completely different flight and would no longer have a non-stop. I called Delta up and explained to them that we were traveling together so we needed to all be on the same flight. This seemed to confuse them but in the end they agreed to change him back to the original flight. I asked for an email confirmation. Always get a confirmation.

When the email came it turned out that they switch my flight to match his, so we were out the non-stop flight.

The next day I got another email telling me that they were now changing my flight so once again our flights didn't match. So I had to go through the whole process again only this time it took them twice as long to figure it out. Again I asked for an email confirmation. When the email came, for some unknown reason, they seated us one behind the other rather then next to each other when there are plenty of seats next to each other open. I had to go onto the Delta website and change our seats.

All of this took place within 2 days, I still have 54 days before my flight. I can only imagine how many changes can take place during that many days!

If I had called in to book the flights prehaps they would have let me book 3 tickets at once but they also would have charged me more miles per ticket, miles I didn't have. It seems like the airlines go out of there way to discourage people from using their miles.

No comments: